Your first step to using Community Transport is your Eligibility Assessment and Registration. When you first decide to use Community Transport you will need to contact My Aged Care (MAC), this can be done by calling 1800 200 422. You can also lodge your registration online at http://www.myagedcare.gov.au/ The service will help you through an initial assessment usually carried out in your home, to determine your eligibility to access Community Transport and record your contact details.
MAC may also refer you to other organisations where you will be able to assess support if needed. Once you have been assessed MAC will send your referral through to us and we will send you information about our service.
After that, it’s as simple as calling us to book your transport – 1300 812 504
Here are a few things we’d like you to keep in mind when using Community Transport:
- When booking your travel please give us as much notice as possible.
- Before you call us, please have all the details of your transport handy.
- You can appoint an advocate to act on your behalf.
- We do ask our passengers to pay a contribution towards their transport. If you find that you are unable to pay the suggested contribution, please talk to our Service Coordinators.
- Please let us know if you are travelling with a carer or a walking aide.
- Please be patient with us. Our volunteers and coordinators provide over 75,000 trips to our community every year and we can get very busy. Sometimes there may be unforeseen delays, and quite often, to get the most of our vehicles and to provide transport to as many people as possible, you will be sharing your vehicle with other passengers.
- Our drivers and bus assistants will be happy to help you from your front door and into the vehicle.
- Remember that you can use our service for medical appointments, social outings, rehabilitation, visiting, shopping or whatever you like!
- Finally, we welcome your feedback! If you have any compliments, suggestions or complaints about our service please let us know.
- You can telephone your local office, or write to: The Manager, The Community Transport Company, PO Box 737, Coffs Harbour, 2450, or you can send an email to email@example.com. Our vehicles also carry Quick Compliments and Suggestions Forms which you can complete and return to us.