1300 812 504

Frequently Asked Questions

Click Question to view answer

Am I eligible to use Community Transport?
Yes. We can offer transport to anyone in the community. Some people will receive discounted transport if they fall within the eligibility guidelines for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme, the Community Care Supports Program, or the Community Transport Program. If you do not fall within these programs we can still provide affordable transport for you.

Does it cost?
Yes we do require a contribution. Click here for a list of fees

How do I register to use the service?
If you are over the age of 65 or 50 if you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person you will need to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. We can assist with this if you require. Please make sure you request Coffs Harbour, Bellingen & Nambucca Community Transport as your preferred provider. Once you are registered with an Aged Care ID you can access our service. If you are under the age of 65 we can do a quick over the phone assessment. Call us on 1300 812 504 for help.

How much notice do you need?
The more notice we have the greater chance we can meet your transport needs. We do not have a set notice time.

Can carers travel?
Yes of course. Carers travel free of charge when they accompany the person that they care for.

Can I travel with my oxygen tank or aide dog?
Yes. Please make the bookings officer aware of this when you make your bookings so we can arrange a suitable car and equipment required.

Can my visiting family travel with me?
Yes, however they will not be eligible for any discounted transport unless they are already registered with us under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme, the Community Care Supports Program or the Community Transport Program.

Can I get a vehicle to myself?
Not always. If there are other passengers going in your direction at the same time, you may travel with others. It’s a great way to meet new people!

Translate »